Royal Hawaiian Band
To request an appearance by the Royal Hawaiian Band follow these steps:
1) Contact the RHB office at (808) 768-6677 to inquire for available dates.
2) Field Coordinator will follow up with the requestor with band availability.
3) Once the event date and availability is confirmed, please generate a request letter with the following information:
a. Address the letter to the Mayor.
b. Who is requesting the performance?
c. What is the nature of the performance?
d. Where the performance is to be held?
e. When (Date and Time) is the performance to be held?
f. Provide contact person’s name, number, and/or email for the performance.
4) Please submit the request letter at least 30 days prior to the performance date
You can send requests to:
1) Email: Contact the RHB office at (808) 768-6677 to reach the Field Coordinator
2) Mail: Royal Hawaiian Band, 2805 Monsarrat Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
3) Fax: (808) 768-6670
For information regarding the hiring of the band for a private function, click here to download the Honolulu city ordinance detailing the band’s fee schedule.
References used on this site:
Stone, Scott C.S. The Royal Hawaiian Band: Its Legacy. Waipahu: Island Heritage, 2004.
Kanahele, George S. Hawaiian Music and Musicians. Honolulu: University Press of Hawaii, 1979.